Wednesday, February 11, 2015

My Rant

Honestly if I could, I would rant about this every time I had to work. I work at Sam's Club in the café part. Now, people say that retail is probably the easiest job out there... it is not! Every day there are new members who will literally yell at you, call you names, or complain about the littlest things. We are not a five star restaurant people, our food is all less than three dollars. I usually open, so I have to prepare all of the food and stock everything up so we are set for the day. Every time I work I have at least one rude person. For example, this one guy had came in and ordered a slice of pizza. So I gave him the slice and he blew up on me. He was yelling at me saying that he had never seen I slice so small at Sam's Club before and I offered him the other slice too so he would have both of them, he refused. He had made me put in another pizza for him and I had told him it would be around eight minutes. He comes back up in five minutes yelling for his pizza and I told him it was not out. When the pizza came out my coworkers lined up the pizza cutter perfectly and cut it and all the slices were the same exact size. I had given the new slice to him and he rolled his eyes and yelled "are you kidding me?!" This job gets very frustrating and I do not understand how people can be so rude in the world. We are working our butts off in that café and people just walk all over us for the dumbest things. If I went out and got a small slice I would not go up to someone and just start yelling at them, its just rude and you are just embarrassing yourself. One person had actually called me swears before cause she had to wait five minutes for the frozen yogurt to freeze when I had told her before she bought it she would have to wait. Now, when people say that retail is easy and all you do is simple stuff, I get very aggravated. I actually do a lot of work and dealing with people, in my opinion, is the hardest part of the job because one rude member can really ruin your whole day. Honestly, this happens every day so I needed to write about this.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Marge!
    I kind of laughed to myself while reading this because I can easily relate to all of this! I currently work in retail right now and it is by far from easy, one persons mood can easily change your whole day around. If they're cheerful it brings up your mood but if they're irritated and mean then it brings you down big time! I had a guy swear me out the other day because I asked to see his ID, even after I told him it was a company policy. My mood was instantly ruined and I felt like I brought down everyone else's moods that were around me. I used to work at subway before my current job and people are so HORRIBLE when it comes to their food. You try and try so hard to get it just right but some people still make snotty little remarks which makes you feel terrible about what you made and almost hate your job. Or if the person blows up on you in front of everyone then it becomes embarrassing for both you and the customer. Whenever that would happen to me I would just want to quit and walk out the door! But I needed the money so I would try to force myself to cheer up and shake it off, which is so hard to do sometimes! Some customers can be so mean it's ridiculous. I know my comment is long but your rant was so easy to relate to! Haha I totally understand how you must feel on a daily basis at work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awful. It's unbelievable how demanding some people are. There are some people out there that no matter what you do to try and please them they will always find a way to complain. I also hate when people yell at the employee like it's really their fault when really it's not. I see this happen all the time at restaurants. Customers will be really rude to their waiter or waitress when there is a problem with the food when really they are not the ones who make the food. It sucks because if you are working you aren't allowed to say anything back because the customer is always right. I totally feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Retail is very hard because like I said in to another blog, It's very hard to be able to keep your cool and not going off on this person yourself. It sucks when you are not able to even say anything to this person yelling at you. I honestly don't know how you all take that. That was one of the reasons I quit retail because sometimes it's just not worth it. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely see where you are coming from. I always see people treating workers so disrespectfully because things aren't what they expected. It is so rude because everyone has different expectations and you can't meet everyones expectations. I agree that retail jobs are hard. I used to work at Walgreens in the cosmetics department and customers would always come in and yell at me for not knowing every single item in the store and their locations. It definitely got really frustrating. I agree that retail is a lot harder than it seems. I think if you were to research you could see if the customers think they are being rude or if they think they are just getting what they paid for, like a survey about your service. I have ranted about this problem all the times after work to my family, it changed the way I treat any employee and how all my friends and family treat them. I agree and liked your rant. I think its something that customers need to realize when they treat employees so rudely.

    ReplyDelete