I know we are suppose to post some of our answers to some of the questions we had to elaborate on so I had picked two of them to post.
1. Was there a specific scene or segment that stayed with you and caused you to be curious? delighted? angry? motivated?
I did like the film Super Size Me, however there were two scenes that really blew my mind, making me angry and had stuck with me. The one problem I could not agree with in the film was the two young girls suing McDonald's for being overweight. Are you kidding me? This part really disappointed me that some people can not blame themselves but will blame the company for that. McDonald's does serve unhealthy food but at the end of the day YOU are the one that chose what to eat and how much of it you consumed. There is no reason they should be suing the company when they could have just ate healthier and skipped eating at McDonald's multiple times a week. Another problem I really got frustrated with was the part he is interviewing the kids. I have posted a video of this part above to show you why it was frustrating to watch. These young kids have no idea who Jesus Christ is, but they know Wendy's and McDonald's mascots. This just shows how much advertising there is for these fast food places and how much kids go and eat there and pay attention more to these kind of objects rather than presidents and common people you should know. This part had really stuck with me and I cannot seem to get over it. I even went around showing my family this part to see how their reactions were and they were the exact same as mine. Knowing that fast food mascots are more known to younger generations than the president is, really concerns me and should concern parents with kids.
2. What questions remain after the viewing?
My main question I have after viewing Super Size Me is what happened to Morgan afterwards. I know he was at a very unhealthy state and all of the doctors had commented about how much his health had changed. It had made me wonder that after the experiment if he had gone back to his normal weight and if his cholesterol and everything else went back to how he normally had it. Another question I had in mind was did this film affect McDonald's in anyway? I did look up to see that McDonald's had actually removed their super size meals after the documentary was out however they claim it was not because of this film, in which people and I highly doubt. Besides that, I was wondering if there are any other things McDonald's had changed about their places after seeing this film. One last question the film had left me with is if people had actually stopped eating here and fast food in all, or if they had actually took in the lesson. I know I eat at fast food places sometimes when I am on the road, however after seeing this I am actually trying to cut it out completely and I was wondering if this had affected many people and actually encouraged them to cut this kind of food out of their diets.
No comments:
Post a Comment