Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Reflection 2

As I said in my earlier post, I really enjoyed the documentary Super Size Me. The message Morgan had sent through this film was very deep and should have affected many people who had watched this. If I could sit down with anyone in the film it would probably be Morgan since he is the mastermind behind this experiment and was the one who went through everything. I would ask him questions of how he felt about certain peoples answers they had given him while asking random questions about fast food. When they responded with a poor answer, you could hear how shocked he was. Knowing what he was thinking while interviewing people would make me feel better knowing I am not the only one who thinks some of the answers were just sad. I also would like to ask him what really intrigued him to do this experience, knowing many would not want to take the risk of doing this. When Morgan ate his first super sized meal, he instantly started vomiting up the whole meal, but after the vomiting had stopped, he continued to finish everything. The camera men were asking if he was sure of finishing it and he told them that he was going to complete the 30 days. As the days passed and as Morgan was getting checked up on by various doctors, the doctors had all told him that they were surprised how sick his body was getting and that he should stop. Usually after hearing a doctors advice, people take that advice, however, Morgan was determined to finished these 30 days. I think that is also another reason why this film is intriguing, even though doctors told him to stop and even his body was telling him to stop, he kept going and wanted to finish this to show people the real results of eating this much fast food could do. That is probably why I liked this film so much, he told us what he was going to do to show people the risks they are taking every time they eat that kind of food, and he delivered that and never gave up. He had put his life at risk just to influence people not to do what he is doing now. He does say that eating it three times a day is excessive and not likely, however even eating a couple days a week could add up. I know later this week is when we are suppose to post in detail more about certain scenes that stayed with us, so for now I had just simply posted the trailer of the documentary for those who have not watched it, to give you a better idea of what Morgans mission was and how he completed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment