Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Academic Article and Visual

While trying to look out for a visual for class I came across this specific photo and it made me stop and glance at it for a while. A few of my friends are actually vegan and I have nothing against it at all, people are able to chose what they want to eat and do in life. However, this photo, I believe, took things to far and is trying to show that all meat is bad for you. In the image it shows an over sized kid stuffing her face with a hamburger. First, this is not the only kind of meat there is out there and some meats are actually very healthy for you. Second, not every kid will go out every day eating hamburgers, yes obesity is growing gradually in America, but still, not everyone eats these meats on a daily basis. I understand people have different views and such on whether or not to eat meat, however this ad is more insulting than trying to change peoples views in a good way. The ad to me is very negative and I think that this negativity does not really help the point PeTA is trying to make. Once again, not against anyone who does not eat meat, just more against the way this ad portrays people who do consume meat.
Looking up academic sources, this journal had popped up several times within the different searches I had made. The journal basically is about a study of people eating chicken. They tested the people whom had consumed the chicken versus people who did not. They did the test and it showed that chicken is actually healthy for you and showed that there were better performances for all of the cognitive tests they had done. The results also showed that this chicken meat arises the promotion of attention and prefrontal cortex functions and is a healthy choice. I thought this article had fit in with my belief of this ad, showing that chicken, for example, is an actual healthy meat that people should consume. Not all meat is bad for you and will not "abuse your children".
http://web.a.ebscohost.com.ezproxy.lewisu.edu/ehost/detail/detail?vid=6&sid=cb76b087-46f7-40ff-af05-95b31bf152f6%40sessionmgr4004&hid=4107&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWhvc3QtbGl2ZSZzY29wZT1zaXRl#db=a9h&AN=90241280

No comments:

Post a Comment